At SINGEM creating history & making a mark has always been a priority. SINGEM believes in breaking all barriers to become successful & as SINGEMIs we strive hard to pacify our ambitions and increase our determination in making ourselves different.
Here are some of the milestones that we have achieved:
- JULY – Sindhar Institute of Gemology, the first gem & jewelry institute in Eastern India, opens its doors to lead students into the enchanting world of Gem & Jewelry.
- MARCH – India’s first Jewelry Manufacturing program with a unique comprehensive curriculum is started by SINGEM under the SINGEM School of Jewelry Making Arts (SJMA).
- AUGUST – First ever mobile classes are initiated with an intensive nine day workshop called “Gateway to Diamonds.” The complete, practical program on diamond grading and pricing is a resounding success with 45 people participating in it’s first ever edition held in India’s southern hub, Chennai.
- NOVEMBER – Sri Punit Srimal’s “Diamond Theory”- a part of SINGEM’s Diamonds curriculum since 1997, receives copyright from the Government of India. The elusive answer to the centuries old question regarding the ‘4th C-Cut’ is propounded via the SINGEM ACG Technique for Diamonds. The theory also includes the revolutionary Diamond Pricing Technique invented by Mr. Srimal.
- MARCH – SINGEM’s Jewelry Service Station is opened in Domjur (West Bengal), the cradle of Jewelry artisans & craftsmen.
- JUNE – SINGEM Bangalore marks the institute’s first foray into southern India. The city receives its first jewelry education center.
- SEPTEMBER – SINGEM seeks to meet its social obligations by conducting Entrepreneurship Development Programs [EDP] and launching awareness seminars on behalf of Small Industries Service Institute (SISI), a Govt. of India enterprise promoting small scale industries. This follows a request by GOI to SINGEM as the country’s ‘leading institute’ in this field, to conduct the same.
- DECEMBER – The sacred “SINGEM Alumni Oath” is made mandatory for every member of the SINGEM student community.
- FEBRUARY – To showcase new talent amongst SINGEM students and their innovative designs, ‘SINGEM KRITI’ launched. SINGEM students get a readymade platform to unveil their creativity and showcase their excellence.
- MARCH – SINGEM launches the first- ever guaranteed-employment training program in the jewelry sector, ‘Gem & Jewelry Professional (GJP)’.
- APRIL – SINGEM annual Scholarships launched on the pious occasion of Poila Baisakh under The Seth Indarchand Srimal New Entrepreneur initiative so as to make vocational education affordable for the underprivileged. All courses @ SINGEM hereinafter to carry special concessions for various deprived sections and offer interest-free EMI options.
- JUNE – SINGEM revolution reaches Mumbai, the business capital of India with launch of SINGEM Mumbai.
- AUGUST – SINGEM launches Gem Lab services under the aegis of SGL.
- FEBRUARY – SINGEM makes its foray into Chennai, gifting the city its first glimpse into the SINGEM model of vocational education.
- APRIL – Diamond cutting and polishing program begins for the first time at SINGEM, with state of the art machinery and laboratory.
- JUNE – Eastern India’s first gem & jewelry park or Special-Economic Zone (SEZ) is setup at the Manikanchan Jewelry hub in SaltLake, West Bengal. The customs department officials at Manikanchan all receive training at SINGEM.
- FEBRUARY – SINGEM initiates ‘G&J Solutions’ to provide online services & brand consultancy to Gem & Jewelry enterprises.
- FEBRUARY – SINGEM appoints Sindhar Gems & Jewelry (India) Pvt. Ltd as Master Franchise(India) for the Gem & Jewelry sector.
- JUNE – SINGEM establishes its manpower consultancy services. SINGEM Jobs as India’s first ‘sector- specific solutions’ approach manpower services company.
- JULY – SINGEM introduces CAD (Computer Aided Design) in its curriculum to provide students with the cutting edge technology.
- OCTOBER – The concept of national design contest comes to fruition with SINGEM Envisage All India Design Contest.
- NOVEMBER – For the first time ever in the sector, 100 students graduate from the same platform at SINGEM Kolkata’s annual convocation ceremony.
- NOVEMBER – SINGEM initiates industry excellence awards for honoring achievements & recognizing talent in the Gem & Jewelry industry vial the SINGEM Jewelry Excellence Awards, now an annual event.
- APRIL – ‘Bausa’ leaves for heavenly abode on 10th April, thousands attend farewell meetings in Kolkata & Mumbai.
- JUNE – SINGEM travels far south with SINGEM Chennai. SINGEM power franchise initiated as an innovative, modern, seeking to further broad base education initiative.
- JANUARY – SINGEM Research initiates ‘Buyer is King’, a unique consumer connect initiative.
- APRIL – SINGEM, a pioneer in propagating its own independent original education model, announces the Ideal Institute Barometer, a quality excellence challenge to all institutes/ schools, across countries and continents, to adhere to. It speaks the high performance standards set by SINGEM in its pivotal note as industry leader. It seeks to help new entrants select the ‘wheat from the chafe’.
- JUNE – SINGEM launches 3 yr BSC Jewelry Design degree in association with Punjab Technical University.
- JULY – The SINGEM Alumni Association launched from Kolkata.
- AUGUST – SINGEM Yatra organizes its 1st study tour to IIJS 2007. Aims to help participants with exposure to international trends and meeting suppliers. SINGEM launches center in south Mumbai at Marine Lines.
- OCTOBER – SINGEM First announces its premiere league ‘Think Big’, a support service for budding entrepreneurs. It enables them to sell and promote their product with planning and execution support from SINGEM.
- OCTOBER – SINGEM Kriti announces a revolutionary endeavor in the form of 5 new vendor platforms, namely, Exhibitions, Mall counters, Online, Studios and Trade/ Consumer Fair Pavilions.
- JANUARY – SGL Launches Labs in Mumbai, Bangalore, & Chennai making it India’s only Gem Laboratory with pan-India presence.
- FEBRUARY – SINGEM Jobs launches the first and only specialized manpower solutions portal for the Jewelry Industry. www.jewelryjobsonline.com
- JUNE – SINGEM initiates first ever national TV ad campaign by any jewelry institute worldwide.
- JULY – SINGEM initiates India’s first ever jewelry business management PG Diploma.
- JUNE – SINGEM introduces integrated Fashion Jewelry & Accessories Diploma in order to top the demand for integration of fashion as a core component in jewelry studies.
- JULY – SINGEM first organizes ‘Jewelry Vistas’ an exhibition to showcase signature jewelry entrepreneurs at Taj Bengal,Kolkata to encouraging response.
- JANUARY – SINGEM launches SINGEM Hyderabad.
- MAY – SINGEM Gemarc services launches to enable students to access diamond color stones at minimum prices and solve sourcing hassles.
- JUNE – SINGEM students who had undergone training under affiliation from JU, receive university certificates after protracted process for securing the same.
- JUNE – SINGEM registers presence on social networking site Facebook & Quicker.
- SEPTEMBER –SINGEM implements ‘Mandatory Project Hours’ in equal ratio to class hours across all courses.
- DECEMBER – Commencement of skill- development training to minority community students under the aegis of Aliah University, supported by Ministry of Minority affairs, Govt. of West Bengal.
- JULY – Ist batch of BSC students receive university degrees.
- OCTOBER – Launch of SINGEM One Jewelry, Gem & Lifestyle Exhibition Center in Kolkata.
- OCTOBER – Launch of SINGEM New Delhi. The SINGEM movement reaches the nation’s capital.
- JANUARY – Launch of Fashion & Interior Design courses at SINGEM.
- OCTOBER – SINGEM enlisted by the Gem & Jewellery Skills Council of India (GJSCI) as official Training Partner.
- OCTOBER – SINGEM sets a national record in the G&J sector, training 6500+ students in manufacturing job roles for the NSDC STAR program under the aegis of the National Skill Development Corporation.
- JUNE – SINGEM completes 2 decades in the service of the indic nation, culture and people.
- JULY – SINGEM completes 2 decades in the service of the indic nation, culture and people.
- OCTOBER – Launch of Beauty Technology courses at SINGEM.